Samvatsarikam ceremony also known as First Year Shardh Puja and has to be done along with 12th Masikam. It will be performed at the end of the first year on the same thithi of the person who passed away. The next day of the Samvatsarikam ceremony, Punyahavachanam & Navagraha Homam will be performed at the kartas place.
First Year Shardh Puja Vidhanam:
- The Puja will start with one Gotra and Community.
- First Ganapathi Puja & Punyahavachanam will be performed.
- Then pavitra dharanam and Pida Pradhanam Puja will be there.
- Once Pida Pradhanam done, Thila Tandula Tarpanam will be performed.
- Dasha Dhana karyakramam will be performed to get the blessings of Pitru Devatas.
- Once it will done, Pottarlu will be offered for Pitru Devatas along with Swayampakam for Brahmin and will get the blessings of Pandit.
Why we need to perform Samvatsarikam:
- To get the divine blessings of Pitru devatas, one should performing this Samvatsarikam ceremony.
- This ritual will helps Pithru’s to reach pitruloka without any obstacles.
- Samvatsarikam puja will removes pithru doshas and gives family growth.
- All the members of the family & relatives who attend/perform this ceremony will be blessed by the person who passed away.